Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Encouraging Civility

I have removed an anonymous comment that was made on 9/29. I appreciate this note that came from that commenter:
I would like to publicly retract my statements of Mr Maloney and Hunter from 2 posts ago.  . . .  It was not the appropriate wording for the "opinion" I was trying to get express. ...again, I do not want to go down the road of name calling and take away from the positive discussion at hand. Again, I appoligize to both men for going down that road.
We all need to remember that our voices will be heard best when spoken in careful tones, and our words will be best understood when they are unerringly true.  I found this quote today from Mary Wortley Montagu (I have no idea who she is, hopefully she is nice):
Civility costs nothing, and buys everything.
So I also apologize, for leaving the offending comments up for just over a week.  I am new to this world of controversial writing, and I did not take the needed initiative to monitor the comments.

No comments: