Thursday, November 10, 2011

Racecar Driver

Today I'm thankful for my car.  I think it's been almost 2 months since I had a broken down car in my driveway.  The process of finding a third working vehicle for our family was long and painful.  Ultimately I abandoned the "cheapest wheels available" approach because it seemed to end up costing more than buying a car that was actually reliable.

The car we most recently bought ended up being for me to drive, instead of for my daughter McKay.  Reason being - it's a two door, not a four door.  So poor Dad has to drive the cherry-red coupe with sunroof and the really cool wind spoiler on the trunk.

Actually, the best part about it is that Wendy picked it out.  The previous three cars were bought by me - rather impulsively - and lasted an average of 2 months each.

So knock on wood - I'm thankful for functioning vehicles! 

No comments: